Peppa Pig is a cartoon show who is all about a little pig who lives with her mom, dad, and her little brother, George. Majority of the story or plot revolves around fun adventures, occasional tear provoking scenarios, but always ends on a happy note. I have heard so much about this character from my fellow moms and parents that I figured, it would be a great angle to recreate Peppa into a decadent dessert!
Makes 22 Cupcakes
- 1 box of French Vanilla cake mix
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 C of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C whole milk
- 1TBSP pure vanilla extract
- Black cupcake liners
- cupcake pan
Directions (Preheat oven to 350)
- 1. Line cupcake pan with the cupcake liners
2. In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla extract, stir until combined
3. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
4. Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes.
5. Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool before frosting.
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 C powder sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 6 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Pink gel food coloring
- 4 disposable piping bags
- 3 Tip couplers
- Medium Round tip
- 1 black icing tube
- 1 medium ice cream scooper
- 1 angled icing spatula
- # 3 tip
# 69 tip
# 65 tip
1. Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
2. Mix until you see stiffed peaks in your frosting.
3. Scoop about 1/2 C frosting out and place into a medium bowl
4. In the mixing bowl, mix in 2 drops of pink food coloring and mix until combined. You’re wanting to get a light pink color
5. In the medium bowl mix in 4-5 drops of pink gel food coloring until combined/ You’re wanting to get a dark pink color, about a magenta shade
6. Cut tips off of 3 piping bags and place tips 3, 69, and 65 onto the couplers and into the bags
7. Cut the tip off of the 4th piping bag and place the medium round tip inside
8. Scoop 1/2 C of the lighter pink into the piping bag with tip number 69 and scoop 1 C of the lighter pink icing into the piping bag with the medium round tip
9. Split the the darker pink color frosting between piping bags number 3 and 65
1. Using the medium ice cream scooper, scoop out some frosting and place it onto the top of the cupcake
2. Using the angled spatula, smooth out the frosting
3. Using the Medium round tip, pipe a oval shaped dollop of frosting onto the lower part of the cupcake for the nose
4. Using the black icing, pipe two dots for the eyes
5. Using the number 3 tip, pipe two lines on the nose for the nostrils
6. Using the #69 piping bag, pipe two leafs for the “Ears” on the top corners
7. Using the #65 piping bag, pipe smaller leafs for the inside part of the ear.
… and now, you’re done! Just like that, you have finished creating this cute and super adorable Peppa Pig Inspired Cupcakes!
Peppa Pig Inspired Cupcakes