For us parents, we always worry about our kids. We make it a priority to secure everything from point A to point B. Which is the main reason for making sure that everyone in the family is healthy and have a reliable way to check their well-being. No matter how young or old your kids are, your worry and concern remain the same. Even more when your kid or the whole family is away from home. If you’re planning to have a short get-away or are going out of town, then this post is definitely for you!
I am also giving away a FREE visit to Convenient Care Now … Available only for New Jersey residents!
Personally, we always travel with a health kit regardless of the destination and the intent of the trip. Whether it is luxury travel, business trip or planned vacation with the whole family, traveler’s health kit should always be carried.
Besides from packing the basic first aid tools and medicines, there are also certain items that everyone must include in their kit. We used to be clueless on what to bring. It took us a few tries before we figured out what we really needed. If you need some tips on what items to carry, check out this simple list that will surely come in handy.
– Prescription medicines that you take on a regular basis at home. For example, those medicines to control or maintain the right blood pressure.
– Over the counter medicines like loperamide, antihistamine, anti-motion sickness, ibuprofen, cough drops, and antacids.
– Insect repellant, sunscreen or sunblock, antibacterial hand wipes, hand sanitizer, nose drops and eye drops.
– First aid items like bandages, gauze, antiseptic, tweezer, scissor, cotton swabs, antifungal and antibacterial spray or creams and disposable rubber gloves.
– Thermometer, water purification tablets, ear plugs and bed/mosquito net.
– Health insurance card and copies of claim forms.
– All prescriptions as well as a list of medications.
– Health insurance or any type of travel insurance (and emergency evacuation information).
– Identification cards or contact cards that show all the important information about you including your home address and, more importantly, the contact numbers of your family—so anyone can contact them in case of an emergency.
– Proof of vaccination and copies of a medical waiver.
It’s also quite important for you to always carry a smartphone, tablet or laptop wherever you plan to go. Aside from using them as tools for communication, it can also give you easy access to doctors, if any untoward incident occurs. For this, I can highly recommend the Convenient Care Now app.
Convenient Care Now and their team of doctors are available 24/7 on either mobile or desktop. They can attend to various conditions and can even provide on the spot prescriptions if deemed necessary. You can consult any possible illnesses or injuries, general health as well as wellness concerns (very helpful for travelers), prescription refills and even chronic condition management.
With Convenient Care Now app, you can be sure to have peace of mind even if you experience certain sickness or injury away from home. You can even utilize it to help people at areas where medical assistance is badly needed (if your travel is on a humanitarian mission or something like that). As for the fee, it’s way cheaper than traditional doctor appointments and hospital visits.
These health kit items are extremely important for you to have a safe and sound travel. Always remember each and every one of them most especially the Convenient Care Now app for your future travels. Currently, the app works best in New Jersey (only available in New Jersey at the moment), readers outside of NJ will not have the same experience. So if you’re from NJ give their service a try and use the code CARENOW7 for a free visit.
Disclosure: I have partnered with Convenient Care Now. All opinions stated on this post is 100% my own.
How I wish this is available in our area. I would avail it right away. I would love to be able to see a doctor straight from our home.
I have relatives who lives in NJ! This would definitely be very helpful. I will pass along the information and coupon code. Thank you for sharing. I hope this becomes available nationwide soon.
I am truly grateful! This post couldn’t of come at a better timing. We’re on a bit of a tight spot at the moment and was just browsing around for my usual reads when I visited your latest post to find that you have this promo for NJ residents! I just had to comment and thank you!
Very informative and helpful! Thank you.
We do travel around town with the kids and yes … it can get inconvenient when someone is not feeling well enough. This would be a time saver and help parents like me worry less. Thanks hun!
Awesome tips! This program is so beneficial and convenient.
This is such a cool idea! Love how convenient this is.
These are great things to know! It is hard to navigate things while traveling when someone is not well.
It’s important to have these when you travel especially if you’re going to a different country! That app sounds amazing!
Wish we have that here! I am going to check our travel health kit later on thanks for reminding. me! We do have travel and local insurance which is a must ID when living in Dubai Thanks for sharing this!
This is a brilliant idea. It would be so scary to need a doctor when you are on vacation and don’ t know anyone!